A push-button brilliant switch controls the transaction of a cloudless fixture the path a traditional single-pole switch done, apart from instead of toggling the switch up and down, the user simply pushes a Press-stud to turn the lambent on or off. Replacing a push-button switch is equally matching to replacing a toggle switch. It's a light gig that takes approximately ten minutes.
1. Turn off the plan breaker that powers the lustrous method before you originate replacing the push-button switch.
2. Unscrew and remove the switch's involve plate.
3. Then, connect the top wire to the top terminal on the side of the switch and the bottom wire to the bottom terminal. Make sure all of the screws are tightened-down securely.8. Wrap electrical tape around the terminals and secure the push-button switch to the wall box.
5. Remove the ground wire from the switch's ground screw (whether it has one). Then remove the two wires attached to the side of the switch. Detain them separated and deposit the top wire pointing upward and the backside wire downward, so that you can recognize them easier when installing the original switch.
6. Analysis the wires to espy provided they essential to be decrease and re-stripped. Provided they are corroded or look to be in poor shape, use the wire strippers to chop off the bad section and strip 3/4 inch of new insulation from the end of the wires. Use the hole on the wire stripper to make a hook-shaped bend in the exposed sections of wire so they can fit under the switch's screw terminals.
7. Connect the ground wire to the ground screw on the push-button switch, if it has one. Remove the screws that secure the switch to the wall box and carefully pull the switch gone by pulling on the top and backside tabs. Engage in not touch the sides of the switch until you comp for voltage.4. Cause the voltage tester to confirm that you've turned off the equitable breaker.
9. Install the switch plate and turn the circuit back on.
10. Test your wiring by turning the light on and off.